zxcv2023 * 33 32 30 32 76 63 78 7a * 3689064038062585978 * 0x76657270
- FRACTRAN - Wikipedia: an esoteric programming language based on a list of fractions and processing happening by multiplying an integer by one of the fractions in order to produce another integer
- it's weird reading old editions of magazines, such as this 17 july 1970 edition of Life: the advertising is in some ways more interesting than modern advertising (better copy, cool photos), but then there's just an ad for oil, or tobacco, before those became taboo or illegal to advertise. there's an advertisement for the boeing 747. not a route, not a holiday destination – just "hey, check this out! it has a penthouse!". then right after an article showing cruel treatment of prisoners in south vietnam there's a sexist article of "five female scientists spend two weeks undersea: a nest of naiads", with photos showing off a good amount of their skin. then there's a book review by kurt vonnegut. and an advertisement for rice, aimed at housewives to keep their men happy: "un-potato the man in your life". and an article about emigration to america for political reasons. and an ad for the wv beetle: "It's no wonder that when civilization comes to a country, it usually comes in a Volkswagen." a one-page article: "how apollo 11 changed three famous men", next to a marlboro ad.
- Qwantz 3999: the alt text is "what is friendship... but the ultimate like and subscribe??"
more dinosaur comics stuff ▼
- Qwantz 3045: "Life on other worlds!" ... "That one super blows my chunks!"
- looking at Qwantzes number 1000, 2000 and 3000 I expect 4000 to again be T-Rex remembering his kangaroo-kicking immortalization project.
- Qwantz 778: Wouldn't it be totally neat if life was more like a text-based adventure game? secret alt text: t-rex actually has been talking to the devil. he stole this idea from the devil. i - i stole this idea from the devil.
- Qwantz 2845: utahraptor hating mercury is a new development that happened as soon as i realized i thought it'd be funny for someone to just really have it out for a single planet. stupid mercury!!!!!!!!
- Qwantz 1663 links to a puzzle that according to the link text (from 2010, so it may be out of date) is still unsolved
- concerning that puzzle, Qwantz 1667 links to an XML file containing transcriptions of all comics up to comic 1667.
- Qwantz 1422's secret alt text: this comic establishes in continuity that t-rex refers to his fingers as "pinkie" and "thumb". so um, neither name makes a lick of sense
- Qwantz 1434's secret alt text: i was going to tell you the hapax legomenon i found in dinosaur comics so far, but if i did so it would no longer be the case. it would become a self-unfulfilling prophecy!
- Qwantz 1683 points out that "bookkeeper" has a loot of consecutive double letters.
- a couple of comics later, in 1686, "there's this whole shadow world that lives in the early morning". also this overlay system is introduced: add stuff like
&butiwouldratherbereading=xkcd to the url of a comic to change the dinosaurs! or
onewheretrexwearsmore, like shown in 1687. this empty template is provided.
- Qwantz 1437: "only analogously!"
- Qwantz 739: "bi-disillusioned"
- Qwantz 548 (in the style of xkcd): programming advice and pointers
- this "firman productions" comic was linked to under one of the comics above (plus/minus a few indices), but it appears to have gone defunct in 2014
- 1689: classics of western literature comics, now performed by dinosaurs
- Qwantz 4000 wasn't a continuation of the kangaroo-kicking series
- 3478: the earth is pretty
- Found Magazine
- Joshua Slocum - Wikipedia: sailed around the world alone in the 1890s
- museum of trogdor - i don't know what this is but like the ascii art
- The Pac-Man Dossier
- wikipedia's new layout went live on january 18th or so
- The Doom Generation - Wikipedia
- "Marxism and Problems of Linguistics" - Wikipedia: article by Stalin
- tumblr post: young bird is confused that food doesn't walk into it's mouth
- tumblr post: dog literally says "woof"
- tumblr post: spongebob as a grandfather
- tumblr post: second century warlord thread